Your privacy is critically important to us. At EXCELSIOR HERBAL MEDICINE LTD (EHM), we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information on your website is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
- We help protect you from overreaching government demands for your personal information.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
- Our website www.excelsiorapprenticeships.co.uk;
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so — for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better. We collect this information from three sources: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us directly. Here are some examples:
- Basic account information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who enrol to a course on Excelsiorapprenticeships.co.uk to provide an email address and password, along with a username or name — and that’s it. You may need to provide us with more information — like your address. There may be also other information you want to share such as using the forum — but we don’t require that information to create a www.excelsiorapprenticeships.co.uk account.
- Public profile information: If you have an account with us, we collect the information that you provide for your main profile. For example, if you have a www.excelsiorapprenticeships.co.uk account, your username is part of that main profile, along with any other information you put into your profile, like a photo or an “About Me” description. This applies to the student Forum.
- Payment and contact information: If you buy something from us, we’ll collect information to process those payments and contact you. If you buy something from us, you’ll provide additional personal and payment information like your name, credit card information, and contact information. We also keep a record of the purchases you’ve made.
- Content information: You might provide us with information about you in draft and published content (the Forum).
- Communications with us (hello there!): You may also provide us with information when you respond to surveys or use our contact form.
- Job applicant information: If you apply for a job with us you may provide us with information like your name, contact information, resume or CV, and work authorisation verification as part of the application process.
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, including the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services — for example, when you sign in, out or complete a lesson.
- Usage information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. We may also collect information about what happens when you use our Services along with information about your device (e.g., screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, get insights on how people use our Services so we can make our Services better, and understand and make predictions about user retention.
- Location information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions. We may also collect information about your precise location via our mobile apps (like when you post a photograph with location information) if you allow us to do so through your mobile device operating system’s permissions.
We use information about you for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services. For example, to set up and maintain your account, to manage your course and lessons, provide customer service, process payments and orders, to run the forum and verify user information.
- To ensure quality, maintain safety, and improve our Services. For example, by providing new course material. Or, for example, by monitoring and analysing how users interact with our Services so we can add new features to make our Services easier to use.
- To place and manage ads in our advertising program. For example, to place ads on our users’ sites and some of our own sites as part of our advertising program, and understand ad performance.
- To market our Services and measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our marketing. For example, by targeting our marketing messages to groups of our users (like those who have a particular plan with us or have been users for a certain length of time), advertising our Services, analyzing the results of our marketing campaigns (like how many people purchased a paid plan after receiving a marketing message), and understanding and forecasting user retention.
- To protect our Services, our users, and the public. For example, by detecting security incidents; detecting and protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; fighting spam; complying with our legal obligations; and protecting the rights and property of EHM and others, which may result in us, for example, declining a transaction or terminating Services.
- To fix problems with our Services. For example, by monitoring, debugging, repairing, and preventing issues.
- To customise the user experience. For example, to personalise your experience by serving you relevant notifications and advertisements for our Services, to provide you with relevant course material & lessons.
- To communicate with you. For example, by emailing you to ask for to give you feedback or to receive your own feedback, share tips for getting the most out of our products, or keep you up to date on EHM. If you don’t want to hear from us and any other courses, you can opt out of marketing communications at any time. (If you opt out, we’ll still send you important updates relating to your account.)
- To recruit and maintain the faculty. For example, by evaluating CVs and job applicants.
- Academic examination: We may share or disclose coursework or information you have provided that has been submitted on the website as part of the course. External examiners may require to check student coursework as part of the on-going quality assurance of the courses we provide.
- Legal and regulatory requirements: We may disclose information about you in response to a court order, or other governmental request.
- With your consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties when you authorise us to do so.
- Aggregated or de-identified information: We may share information that has been aggregated or de-identified, so that it can no longer reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services, such as examination statistics.
Our policy is that we do not sell our users’ data. We aren’t a data broker, we don’t sell your personal information to data brokers, and we don’t sell your information to other companies that want to spam you with marketing emails.
Information that you choose to make public within the website is disclosed to other logged in users (i.e. admins, students and lecturers). That means information like your profile, forum posts, or other content that you make public.
We generally discard information about you when it’s no longer needed for the purposes for which we collect and use it — described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information — and we’re not legally required to keep it. For example, we keep the web server logs that record information about a visitor, like the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system, for analytics purposes.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so. We monitor our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the information that you provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Services may not be accessible.
- Opt out of marketing communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us. Just follow the instructions in those communications or let us know. If you opt out of promotional communications, we may still send you other communications, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set your browser to reject cookies: At this time, EHM responds to “do not track” signals across all Services. You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using the website, with the drawback that certain features of the websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Close your account: While we’d be very sad to see you go, you can close your account if you no longer want to use our Services and are leaving the course. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information above — for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in certain parts of the world, such as areas under the European General Data Protection Regulation (aka the “GDPR”), you will have certain rights regarding your personal information, like the right to request access to or deletion of your data.
If you are located in a country that falls under the scope of the GDPR, data protection laws give you certain rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to or you’d like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to “How to Reach Us” to find out how to reach us. When you contact us about one of your rights under this section, we’ll need to verify that you are the right person before we disclose or delete anything. For example, if you are a user, we will need you to contact us from the email address associated with your account. You can also designate an authorised agent to make a request on your behalf by giving us written authorisation. We may still require you to verify your identity with us.
EXCELSIOR HERBAL MEDICINE LTD
54 Lisburn Road
Company number: NI658112
This document was last updated on June 9, 2019